Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thankful and Blessed






It's been a year this past week since my husband had his open heart surgery. He is doing good. Diabetes is not better so I assume the heart is not improving but he is still here and has had some work but still hasn’t been able to find a job. My business is holding it’s own but I can’t support us. We are still in our house (that is really crazy) but I am thankful.
It has definitely been a long year. One filled with hopes, then disappointment, fear, and anxious moments but God is always there to remind us:
He has everything under control.
His ways are not our ways
He is ALWAYS faithful
He will never leave us
He is our provider
He is our comforter

Several months ago when I was in one of my desperate moods He reminded me that
He Loves ME
He is never in a hurry
His timing is perfect
I need to trust Him and let go


This has been a year of growth for our family. We are strong and I am thankful. He has provided for all my daughters needs and they are growing into faithful women I am so proud of.


As for my marriage.
We will be married 29 years this March.
Our vows have truly been tested in the last several years and I know the true meaning behind the commitment we made all those years ago.
To love each other for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.
Has it been easy?
Hah! No but it is rewarding to know you can count on each other and know that we have each other no matter what we are facing. It feels good to look back and see how we have honored that committment we made so many years ago when we were young and hopeful.
Looking back through the times when we weren't so happy with each other or just to distracted with life we neglected each other. I am so thankful we remembered our commitment to each other and God and stuck it out.
It's rewarding to look back and see (as my Mom used to say) it all comes out in the wash!
Sometimes life gets real tough but we have a big God who loves us and has our back. I'm still trusting that He has a wonderful plan for the rest of our lives and "This too shall pass".

Remember:
to love those around you even when they are not being lovable
stick with it.
you are not in control and you are nothing without God.
We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!


Have a wonderful week!




















4 comments:

  1. He always guides us, stands by us & shows us the way ... beautiful write ...

    Sorry hubby is having issues still, prayers lifted for you both still, my friend.

    So glad you wrote me ...

    We are travelling, will keep up as best I can ..
    TTFN ~ hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing to know that the Lord is with us and does not change in good times and hard times. Your post was wonderful and my prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Post!
    Your words were so very, very true!

    take care, both of you!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am NOT a cryer. I usually only cry when really, really angry. But this post made a lump in my throat and I have tears rolling down my cheek.

    I hope things turn around for you in the job/financial area very soon...you are a strong and faithful servant.

    xoxo, Julia

    ReplyDelete