Monday, December 6, 2010

Simple, quiet Christmas


I'm really glad I read a post today. She shared how she has had difficult Christmas's and this year was another one. I have not really had a season like we are having right now and I really don't want to decorate for Christmas this year. I don't want to participate in the partying. We foreclosed on our house of 15 years and will have to be moving out. I am closing my photography business after 24 years and looking for a new job. My brother-in-law is dying of cancer and we just lost a friend of many years suddenly this past week. I do not have a bad attitude. I am grateful and hopeful but I just want to celebrate the fact that Christ was born and because of that I have hope. Gifts, decorating and parties just don't fit in this year. She helped me feel better that some years it is ok for it to be different, quiet.
I think we will just have a simple Christmas remembering what we are most grateful for which right now for me is the fact that our family has become stronger and closer through this and the 4 of us will be together. I am thankful my husband is still here after the scare we had last year,(Our friend was not so lucky, he leaves 3 children, 2 grown but his youngest is just a senior this year.) I am thankful that my girls are awesome young women I am so proud of and that we have a faith in a big God and that He has something good in store for us just around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. I too have had those years where celebrating really wasn't what I wanted to do, so I didn't - I found ways to quietly take in the season w/o all the hoopla. As I get older I find that I pick and chose what I want to do and not do. Some yrs are more than others and you know what - thats ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is near the brokenhearted. He knows grief. Like Jo says, we get to choose what we do. Although this Christmas is easier than recent ones, I am all about the choice thing:) I have had to let the hoopla go for different reasons and just focus like you say on the simplicity of it all. Maybe that is the gift for you this season. Recieve the "Pass" to a sweeeter simpler mind and heart for you sweet gal! It tis yours for the taking:) Thankyou for sharing your heart. It was a gift to me today:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete