Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gratitude

I received this as my daily devotional and thought it was well worth passing along.

After a long pregnancy that generated more questions than
congratulations; that nearly led to a marriage ending before it started; that included a painful and arduous journey; that culminated in her son being born in conditions fit for animals but not for humans, how did Mary respond? Luke tells us that she "treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" (2:19).
In Bethlehem, among the animals, she found joy. She could have complained that God was doing nothing good for her, but instead she declared the "great things" God had done (Luke 1:49).
This is central to the Christmas story - and the joys and challenges of our modern holiday - remind us that gratitude changes everything. Whether there are gifts stacked to the ceiling with your name on them or your aren't sure anyone is going to give you anything, stop and give thanks to God, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts.

You'll receive a special blessing in your spirit and discover you have everything you need.


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
My girls and Cooper this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't get here in time for Christmas, but I wanted to stop by and wish you the merriest of Christmas seasons. I hope the day itself was wonderful and I hope that the coming week is full of joy. May you find laughter with friends, affection and joy with family, short return lines, and lots of great deals during after-school shopping. I want to thank you for your blog and for dropping by mine. You have made my year richer and fuller and sweeter. Merry, happy, joyous New year!! Much love, Relyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet ~ wishing you the best this season and always my dear! Blessings ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete