Sunday, June 26, 2011

Winners and a Sunday Drive

I'm a day late announcing my winners because my husband wanted to take a drive down to the Ohio River yesterday.
He needed to get away for a day and it was beautiful here finally.
We left pretty quickly so I didn't take a camera. I wish I had. We passed so many fields
Beautiful farms and homes
I love the rural areas. I'm just a country girl at heart. I didn't grow up in the country but my house was on the edge of town and I had a farm across the street. I had the best of both worlds. Most of my cousins lived on farms so they called me "town girl". I spent a lot of time at my Grandparent farm so I still feel like a country girl.
Homes getting ready for the 4th of July. We saw lots of flags.

So you are saying, if she didn't take a camera what are these photos of? Well I'm cheating and using photos from the country roads where my Grandparents farm is and all the places I remember when I was growing up. The 1st red brick home is their house. The rest are places near by. This is the small country church I grew up in.

I miss those simpler times.

We did have a wonderful Saturday (actually) drive down around southern Ohio and over into Kentucky.

Country roads are best .

Did your family ever take Sunday drives?

Ok, now for the winners.
Relyn is the winner of "The Long Journey Home"
Karena is the winner if "The Randolph Legacy"
and
Amy is the winner of "Caleb's Crossing"
Ladies, send me your addresses at my email and I'll get them sent ASAP! Happy Reading.
smash585@earthlink.net

3 comments:

  1. What, I won, I am so thrilled!! Thank you so very much!

    It looks like a wonderful getaway. i must put out the flag!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I have a New, very fashionable Giveaway on my site! Come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won I won! Hooray and Thank you!

    We alternated Sunday drives with visits to Grandma and Grandpa in Brooklyn, a whole different kind of drive. Not beautiful, but interesting-a restaurant called The Flame with a continuous fire burning at the top of a very high stove pipe, a boat showroom with a lady mannequin on a boat deck posed like she was waving at us, the Coney Island parachute ride way off in the distance. Long drives were different, since we could reach three different states in an hour depending on what direction we headed. I loved the drive to Connecticutt, especially in the fall. Looked a bit like your lovely pictures, makes me nostalgic too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats tolucky Karen!

    Yes, every Sunday Mother would take us 5 kids for a Sunday drive out into the country or just about town. What fun we had. I, like you, love the country serenity & beauty & post many of our drives as we meander down the country roads.

    Beautiful share ... TY.
    Have a great holiday weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete