Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm feeling Pressed

This poem was in my devotional the other morning and I wanted to share it with you. I was waiting till I had time when I got home to add a pretty photo coz I hate post without photos.


But...


I am feeling Pressed!


I have NO time when I get home to do my blogging right now.


I am in a frenzy to get as much made for my up coming craft shows so I am putting way to much pressure on myself and I am not really enjoying the process as much as usual. I just want to help with the finances with my creativeness. I NEED to do this. It brings me satisfaction.


I haven't had time to read my books and we won't even address the house cleaning, except for the fact my craft stuff is all over the place so dust can't find a place to land!


My temporary job is ending with in the next month so I am trying to find something with insurance, but at this point a pay check will do.

My husband has been having chest pains almost daily, nitro pills help so we are biding our time.


Oh yeah and, my daughter is graduating from High School next Wednesday and we have a party to plan.


I am sorry I have not been here. I only like to share happy, uplifting post but right now I don't have a brain cell left to pass along. Then I feel like no one is reading these anyway so it really doesn't matter. Things will settle down soon and I will get back to posting regularly. Until then here is the poem from my Devotional Streams in the Desert.


Pressed beyond measure; yes, pressed to great length;

Pressed so intensely, beyond my own strength;

Pressed in my body and pressed in my soul,

Pressed in my mind till dark surges roll.

Pressure on pressure, till life nearly ends.


Pressed into knowing no helper but God;

Pressed into loving His staff and His rod.

Pressed into liberty where nothing clings;

Pressed into faith for impossible things.

Pressed into living my life for the Lord,

Pressed into living a Christ-life out poured.


This entry really comforted me. Trials and difficult times are needed to press us forward and to be able to be sympathetic to others in need. God has truly provided for our needs so far and I will trust that He has everything under control. We may not be able to see it right now but in His perfect timing and in His way, all will be well.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when our last graduated it seemed like a mountain of stress on top of all the other daily stressors. In and of itself it is a very emotional time on a Mom. Try to take a few moments for yourself - even if it is only a calgon one. When I feel overwhelmed I try to remind myself that if I don't take a few moments to take care of me, I will not be able to take care of them. As far as blogging, it should be fun not a chore The ppl who care and understand will still be here - there are so many things as a woman/mother/wife that we burden ourselves with feeling guilty abt, blogging should not be one of them - it should enhance your life not detract from it.

    ReplyDelete