Monday, August 9, 2010

I Have Been Busy!

Remember the Etsy craft show I was in a few weeks ago? Well I spent more than I made. Surprise!

Look at these goodies I plan on using on some future projects.


Isn't this blue ear ring beautiful?




and I love the vintage 40's style of this button.


Keys.
Not sure what I'll do with them yet but I love the scroll work on the newer key and
doesn't the other one look like an alien?



LOVE!

I had to have these watch faces! I love fonts and these were my 2 favorites faces.
I could only get two.
It was hard to pick.



At one ladies booth, she had a box full of vintage linens. I spotted the cute teal tablecloth and then digging down deeper I found the teal and yellow doilies. Hum. I think I can do something with these!

Then I remembered this pillow I had in my booth when I ran across this cutie.


See how the patterns match?
I will make a companion pillow to go with the quilted one.
I just love coming up with all kinds of creative ways to reuse and repurpose.

So this last weekend I began to put some stuff together.



Here is the 1st finished pillow.
I used the items I found in the box and then I found a vintage napkin I had so the doily would have a white background to separate it from the tablecloth.

This is the back. I couldn't leave it blank.






Can you see the cup ring stain?
I love that it was on the tablecloth, so I positioned it on the back so I could use it as an embellishment.

All of the buttons were in my Mom's collection.
I could not believe how well this one matched!
I also love it when things come together unexpectedly.
It's like it was suppose to happen.


Here is what I have so far.
Need to finish some and I have a bit more tablecloth fabric to make 1 more pillow.



This beauty was in a booth that I looked across the isle at ALL weekend.
Since I wasn't making any sales I knew I shouldn't buy any more supplies.
Plus I had already bought the small goodies.


They wanted $50.00.

On the last day I decided if it was still there I'd offer $35.00. I needed a different color pallet to offer my potential clients. Not everyone is into pink, green, teal and yellow.

Right?

Well they said $40.00.

I said

OK

I just had to have it.

I'm not sure when I'll get the inspiration to make things out of it but I am thinking on it.

So, for the time being I am going to start a personal inspirational photo, poem, thoughts journal. I have been seeing them on other blogs and with all the difficult things we have been facing I thought it might help me get my thoughts down and a crafty fun way seemed best.


I am going to try to put the pillows in a local coffee shop and some of the others in my Etsy store. If you would love to own these cuties or know someone who would, leave me a message here before I list them. Prices range from $10.00 to $15.00 for the pillows. You can see the others are on my older blog here

http://theeccentriclady.blogspot.com/2010/07/hello-is-anybody-home.html

I'm off to bed for now and looking forward to starting my journal after work tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. Love the clock faces they are really in right now great idea to get an inspirational journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, love your finds (keys and clock faces are my favorites) and the way you made the pillows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you bought in Y.S., but they look even better put together in your pillows!

    ReplyDelete