Saturday, January 16, 2010

My word for 2010!

After visiting some of the blogs I like to follow, I wanted to do a blog entry about my word for 2010.
I really wanted it to be a positive word.
A good word.
I wanted it to be one to encourage you as well as me.
I really wanted it to be Peace. Then I thought about it some more and what is happening in our lives and I came up with Perseverance.
This wasn't real up lifting but a more positive take on the difficulties we have been encountering lately and it described how we have been living.
But...
on a walk with Cooper the other day as I was praying I just kept thinking, wait, wait, wait.
Why are we always having to be in a state of waiting? I thought I had learned this one already! I actually thought I had mastered the art of waiting pretty patiently. I left that with God and decided I didn't want wait or waiting to be my word.
I'd just have to give it more thought.
Tonight my pastor made a statement that was very inspiring for me and I saw how I was looking at things in a negative light. [again :( ].
Instead of waiting I am now Anticipating what God has in store for our family
and
Expecting His promise to not forsake us and to deliver us from our affliction to be fufilled.
so
I am now Anticipating!
I can't wait to see what He does!

1 comment:

  1. I've just given you a Sunshine award at my blog. Pop on by to collect!! :o)

    ReplyDelete