Thursday, April 18, 2013

My new purses!

I have been very busy!
I have 2 shows coming up and I am trying to get as many items made as possible.  These are the bags I have been working on the last couple of days.
 Made from feed sack and retro dish towels
 I used an embroidery piece to make the flap on a pillow case for this cute bag and added some vintage lace.
 Vintage table cloth and new fabric for the pocket.
 Cute bag made from a vintage quilt and new retro style fabric.
Retro tablecloth with matching vintage print quilt fabrics.
I love this one.


 
Another one with a vintage quilt but done with blue fabrics for accent. All of these bags except for the yellow plaid were made from patterns I purchased from Charlie's Aunt on Etsy.  She has some very unique style bags.
Spring is here!
As I was taking my break today I saw the buds on my front tree!
Then as I looked across the field I could see the green in the middle of the trees. Can you see it! A few more warm days and some rain and the trees will be full of leaves.

We had a lot of wind today and watching it blow across the winter wheat looked like rolling waves on the ocean.
It was very relaxing while I took Cooper up the hill for a quick walk before I got back to work on my bags.  Tomorrow I will be taking a class with my Handmade Dayton friends making ATC's then a weekend with my sister and niece working on some cards and mixed media. 
I will be finishing up my pillows for the show next week.
Anything that doesn't sell will be listed in my Etsy shop early May!

Sorry I have been gone so long but I can only do one creative thing at a time ;)

2 comments: