Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Beginnings

This week I have revisited our scare from Sept. 22 when my husband had his open heart surgery. Another blogger that I follow (http://teresaksheeley.typepad.com ) had a similar situation happen this week. As I have been thinking and praying for her family it has brought me back to the renewed sense of commitment I have to my family and especially to my husband.
I recently found a key at a craft show I was in that had a V in it. I just had to have it since my husbands name starts with a V. I had already purchased the silver heart, planning on adding it to a necklace sometime. While perusing Etsy, I found this cool soldered slider from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtUnderGlass. It says Embrace The Moment, with a pretty image on the other side.

This is my new way of living. Living in the NOW! I have found it to be less stressful and I am open to what is happening around me more, because I am not focused on what I am doing (in the future).





I Love my husband! So now I am reminded of the blessing of the New Beginning I was given when I wear this necklace. It makes me happy :)

I found this pillow while out Christmas shopping and had to add it to my collection also.


It is sad that it takes things like a health scare or financial pressure for us to realize just what is really important in life. I encourage you to hug your kids and spouse tonight!

Embrace the Moment!

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pretties ... glimpse at the past, look forward to the future, treasure the present, embrace the moment.

    Have a beautiful & blessed NEW YEAR ... I will be in & out of communication for a couple weeks.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post..we spend so much time worrying abt the future we forget abt the now...thanks for reminding me to embrace the moment.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you embrace the moment. My grandmother was a worry wart - one day my father pulled me aside and said you can make yourself sick worrying about something that might never happen or just enjoy the day. I find in real time it is a little of both.
    I love your necklace. How nice to have found a key with a V. A symbol of the man you love. Very touching. I am sure you will have many more moments together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for dropping by my place nice to meet new people,i will check out the road movie when it comes if you say it's ok.
    We lost a grqndson this year and now we know how special every day is,we need to live each day and moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been so busy doing nothing much that I haven't been around to visit my friends in too long. So, though my wishes are late, I mean them with my whole heart. May your year be filled with laughter. May all your surprises be happy ones. May you remember to count your blessings. May you know each day how very much you are loved. Happy new year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete