Thursday, June 18, 2009

Antique collecting my way

My guilty pleasure! If I could purchase every quilt that I love I would.



At a local antique show I decided to photograph the things I liked, since I can't buy them right now and really don't need anything else in my house. Taking photographs takes up less space and I don't have to dust this stuff!



I really enjoy booths where people organize their collectibles in groups. It makes it so much more appealing and tempting!


I don't like to cook but I enjoy pottery and the utensils add to the appeal.






This display of all the browns really caught my eye. The shapes and textures, repeated lines all make for an interesting view.




Color themes really catch a persons eye. Again, here are the repeated items and colors. Encourages purchasing more! Hence - collections!

Hope you enjoyed my day brousing and maybe you can find a nice show this weekend.



5 comments:

  1. Courteous,
    I paid to have a booth to try and sell my photography and pillows. I didn't even cover my booth rental :( I needed to be very good. I did buy a quilt top to use to make pillows to sell but that doen't count coz that is considered a business investment. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous markety shots. Have been kicking myself since early this morning that I promised the kidlets a market-free weekend. (So, er, what do we do now then?!)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful! Where was this antique show?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete