Sunday, October 11, 2009

Are You A Bookaholic?

Bookworm
Hi. My name is Jenaveve, and I'm a bookaholic Books are ace - agreed? Well I found this little bit of fun via fabulous Valerie, a fellow bookworm. And here's my take on literary rituals...
This is what popped up on my blog list and I had to check it out! I'm having a difficult week this week so I'm just going to cheat and pass on this fun questionnaire. If you love books too pass it on with your answers.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack?I like to drink a mug of mocha but I usually do not eat and read.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read them, or does the idea of writing on your books horrify you? I write all over informative and inspiring books. Helps me retain information. I don't mark in fiction books.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog ears? Leaving the book open flat?Bookmarks...I love pretty ones and I make beaded ones but for some reason I seem to use any piece of paper I have close.

Fiction, Non-Fiction or both? Both. Love to read lots of stuff. Just depends on the mood I'm in. Also depends on what my bookclub is reading.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?I like to get to the chapter end, but sometimes I'll stop at one of those little breaks within the chapter. All good books need a few of those. Don't you love books with really short chapters though? You can stop any time. I hate really long chapters.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?No not very often.

What are you currently reading?Not really having much time to read right now :( but I'm in a bit of a spiritual mode right now. Reading Tramp for the Lord by Corrie Ten Boom, and Teresa of A'vila-The Book of My Life.

What is the last book you bought? Oh My! Well I have had to stop going to book stores right now because of finances and the fact I have tons of books I own and have yet to read. But I did buy a .25 book at my library "The Gilded Chamber" by Rebecca Kohn. It looked interesting. Haven't read it yet.

Are you the type of person who can only read one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? I can only read one book for enjoyment at a time but I usually have an inspirational or helpful book going on at all times too.

Do you prefer series or stand alone books?Stand-alone; I like to many books to get tied down. I'm also a slow reader so I'd never get any where. I do read some series books though but not one after the other.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?I do have several books and authors that I love and recommend. They are on my Library Thing here.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) The only organizing I really do is, 2 bookcases full of (to be read books) and 1 of (already read keepers). I Lie, just looked and I do have some stacked together. Some by genre and some by author. The rest are just lined up waiting...
Let me know if you've played too so I can swing by and check out your reading habits. Have a great week! Read a book or 2!

2 comments:

  1. 2 whole bookcases 'to be read'... wow! I am impressed. I don't feel so bad about my 1 bookshelf of 'to be read' in fact, I wonder if anyone in the house will notice if I expand it just a little...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenaveve, go ahead and just do it! See my earlier bolg post that shows my bookcases. If you make it pretty the books have a purpose :)

    ReplyDelete